Lakewood Elementary School
Lakewood Elementary School serves 301 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Lakewood Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Michigan for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Michigan state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Michigan state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 55% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is higher than the Michigan state average of 34% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Lakewood Elementary School's student population of 301 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lakewood Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,120 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Lakewood Elementary School is 0.71, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MI)
Overall Testing Rank
#494 out of 3120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MI Dept. of Education
Review Lakewood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Seclusion and Restraint: How Some Public Schools Allow Abuse in Classrooms
Across the country, the implementation of seclusion and restraint and disciplinary measures could be considered child abuse. Learn about the policies that are being enacted in order to protect public school students.
How Should Public Schools Make Up for Snow Days?
Amidst record-breaking snowfall, public schools have shut their doors for an unprecedented number of snow days. Learn about how public schools are planning to make up for the snow days, including extending school hours and even holding classes on Saturdays.
Understanding Education Secretary Arne Duncan: How His CEO Experience Translates for America’s Public Schools
Learn about Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how his experience in Chicago will shape the reforms facing the American education landscape today.