Lamar Middle School
Lamar Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Lamar Middle School's student population of 856 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 54 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||856 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lamar Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#6221 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Irving Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irving Brown Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 816 students
2501 W 10th St
Irving, TX 75060
(972)600-4000 0.5 K-5 816
- Irving Kinkeade Early Childhood Grades: PK | 640 students
Irving, TX 75015
(972)600-6500 0.5 PK 640
- Irving Barton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 804 students
2931 Conflans Rd
Irving, TX 75061
(972)600-4100 0.7 K-5 804
- Irving Manara Stem Academy - Arlington Grades: K-6 | 220 students
6101 S Collins St
Irving, TX 75063
(972)304-1155 0.8 K-6 220
- Irving Davis Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 857 students
310 Davis Ave
Irving, TX 75061
(972)600-4900 1.1 K-5 857
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.