Legrande Elementary School
- Legrande Elementary School's student population of 284 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Legrande Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#538 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hart County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hiseville Hiseville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 244 students
149 Cardinal Blvd
Hiseville, KY 42152
(270)453-2611 5.1 PK-6 244
- Hardyville Memorial Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 359 students
1400 North Jackson Highway
Hardyville, KY 42746
(270)528-2271 7.0 PK-8 359
- Horse Cave Caverna High School Grades: 9-12 | 207 students
2276 S Dixie St.
Horse Cave, KY 42749
(270)773-2828 7.2 9-12 207
- Horse Cave Caverna Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 136 students
2276 S Dixie Hwy
Horse Cave, KY 42749
(270)773-4665 7.2 6-8 136
- Munfordville Hart County High School Grades: 9-12 | 709 students
1014 S Dixie Hwy
Munfordville, KY 42765
(270)524-2332 7.9 9-12 709
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.