Leland Elementary School
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Leland Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Leland Elementary School's student population of 369 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leland Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 840 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Leland Elementary School is Leland School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 146 school districts in Mississippi (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Leland School District's student population of 867 students has decreased by 10% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,519 is higher than the state average of $10,065. The district revenue/student has grown by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,308 is higher than the state average of $10,094. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
|School District Name||Leland School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||867||2,008|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$10 MM||$20 MM|
|District Spending||$11 MM||$20 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,519||$10,065|
|District Spending / Student||$11,308||$10,094|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leland Leland High School Grades: 9-12 | 254 students
402 E. Third Street
Leland, MS 38756
(662)686-5020 0.0 9-12 254
- Leland Leland School Park Grades: 5-8 | 244 students
200 Milam Street
Leland, MS 38756
(662)686-5017 0.7 5-8 244
- Leland Leland Vocational Complex High School Grades: 9-12
South Deer Creek Drive
Leland, MS 38756
(662)686-5025 2.1 9-12 n/a
- Greenville Greenville Technical Center Grades: 9-12
350 South Raceway Road
Greenville, MS 38703
(662)334-7171 6.4 9-12 n/a
- Greenville O'bannon Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 536 students
1203 S. Raceway Road
Greenville, MS 38704
(662)332-4830 6.5 PK-6 536
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.