Lenwil Elementary School
- Lenwil Elementary School's student population of 314 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 26% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||314 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lenwil Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#495 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ouachita Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Monroe Riser Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 331 students
100 Price Drive
West Monroe, LA 71292
(318) 387-0577 1.7 PK-5 331
- West Monroe Riverbend Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 350 students
700 Austin Avenue
West Monroe, LA 71292
(318) 361-0155 2.8 1-5 350
- West Monroe Crosley Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 220 students
700 Natchitoches Street
West Monroe, LA 71291
(318) 325-3634 3.1 PK-K 220
- Monroe Southside Alternative High School Grades: K-12
4701 S Grand Street
Monroe, LA 71202
(318) 362-5000 3.1 K-12 n/a
i have been at this school for five school years and it has been the best school ever
- Posted by Student/Alumni - C.I.H
My son has attended Lenwil for the past 4 years and the teachers and support staff are awesome I have never had any problems with any of the people at this school the teachers are super nice but firm when needed. I am so glad that my son goes to such a good school and most of all I am glad that HE loves going to this school.
- Posted by Parent - wclar
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.