Lewis & Clark Middle School
Lewis & Clark Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Nebraska for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Lewis & Clark Middle School's student population of 829 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||829 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lewis & Clark Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NE)|
|Overall School Rank||#851 out of 918 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||OMAHA PUBLIC SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Hillside Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 417 students
7500 Western Ave
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)390-6450 0.6 PK-6 417
- Omaha Western Hills Magnet Center Grades: PK-6 | 256 students
5616 L Street
Omaha, NE 68117
(402)554-1510 0.6 PK-6 256
- Omaha Uno/ops Middle College Program
Uno 6001 Dodge St; Kayser Hall
Omaha, NE 68182
(402)554-3992 0.7 n/a n/a
- Omaha Westbrook Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 518 students
1312 Robertson Drive
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)390-6490 1.0 PK-6 518
- Omaha Carl A Swanson Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 293 students
8601 Harney Street
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)390-6485 1.3 PK-6 293
Now it is an IB school so it is even more better than before.The staff is very respectful also.The staff really does care about your education.They have really good athletics.I am going to lewis and clark and it my last year here.I soo dont want to leave.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hawas
The staff are very respectful to parents and students. High academic and behavioral standards are set for all students. Parent input is welcomed by staff. Great school!
- Posted by Parent - ster4
It;s very friendly to all visitors,students and staff.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - aweso
I went to Lewis and Clark in the early 70's. It was a very fun and good educational time of my life. Many good memories. Marla Hurt Kaufman
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mrfre
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.