Norris Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,195 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 86%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NE
- Math Proficiency: 13% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 21% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NE Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
13% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 52% NE state average), while 21% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 52% NE state average).
How many students attend Norris Middle School?
1,195 students attend Norris Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
76% of Norris Middle School students are Hispanic, 14% of students are White, 7% of students are Black, 2% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Norris Middle School?
Norris Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 12:1.
What grades does Norris Middle School offer ?
Norris Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Norris Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities