Longview High School serves 16 students in grades 9-12.
Longview High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 33%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is lower than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 75% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 16 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 4:1
- Minority Enrollment: 75%
- Graduation Rate: 40-59% (Btm 50% in CO)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30%
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Longview High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Colorado for:
Most improved public schools
Longview High School's student population of 16 students has declined by 69% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Longview High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,734 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Longview High School is 0.72, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#396 out of 1734 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (20-21)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Longview High School's ranking?
Longview High School is ranked #396 out of 1,734 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Colorado.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 33% CO state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% CO state average).
What is the graduation rate of Longview High School?
The graduation rate of Longview High School is 40-59%, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 81%.
How many students attend Longview High School?
16 students attend Longview High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
44% of Longview High School students are Hispanic, 25% of students are White, 13% of students are Black, 12% of students are Two or more races, and 6% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Longview High School?
Longview High School has a student ration of 4:1, which is lower than the Colorado state average of 15:1.
What grades does Longview High School offer ?
Longview High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Longview High School part of?
Longview High School is part of Jefferson County School District No. R-1.
Review Longview High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.