Loomis Elementary School
Loomis Elementary School serves 130 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Loomis Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Nebraska for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Nebraska state average of 52%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Nebraska state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Nebraska state average of 34% (majority Hispanic).
Loomis Elementary School's student population of 130 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Loomis Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 904 schools in Nebraska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Loomis Elementary School is 0.19, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NE)
Overall Testing Rank
#225 out of 904 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NE Dept. of Education
Review Loomis Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Public School Review Diversity Report: Which States Have the Most Diverse Public Schools?
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
L.A. Philanthropic Group Commits Large Sum to Promote Arts in District Schools
A $750,000 gift to Los Angeles Unified School District will go to expanding art programs in schools throughout the district.
Do Public Schools Need to Teach More Math and Science?
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?