Loss (olive B.) Elementary School
Loss (olive B.) Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Loss (olive B.) Elementary School's student population of 622 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||622 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Loss (olive B.) Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 209 schools in Delaware (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#5 out of 209 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Appoquinimink School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school and middle school to Loss (olive B.) Elementary School is Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School (2.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Keene (william B.) Elementary School (3.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School Grades: 8-12 | 1,125 student
2575 Glasgow Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
(302)834-0990 2.8 8-12 1,125
- Newark Keene (william B.) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 626 students
200 Lagrange Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
(302)454-2018 3.1 K-5 626
- Bear Wilbur (kathleen H.) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1,180 student
4050 Wrangle Hill Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302)832-6330 4.2 K-5 1,180
- Elkton Thomson Estates Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 495 students
203 E Thomson Dr
Elkton, MD 21921
(410)996-5080 4.4 PK-5 495
- Chesapeake City Chesapeake City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 323 students
214 Third St
Chesapeake City, MD 21915
(410)885-2085 4.5 PK-5 323
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.