Loss (olive B.) Elementary School
Loss (olive B.) Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Delaware for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Loss (olive B.) Elementary School's student population of 622 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 38 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-5|
|Total Students||622 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Loss (olive B.) Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 200 schools in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (DE)|
|Overall School Rank||#4 out of 200 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Appoquinimink School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Loss (olive B.) Elementary School is Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School (2.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School (2.8 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Keene (william B.) Elementary School (3.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School Grades: 8-12 | 1090 students
2575 Glasgow Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
(302)834-0990 2.8 8-12 1090
- Newark Keene (william B.) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 655 students
200 Lagrange Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
(302)454-2018 3.1 K-5 655
- Bear Wilbur (kathleen H.) Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 1134 students
4050 Wrangle Hill Road
Bear, DE 19701
(302)832-6330 4.2 K-5 1134
- Elkton Thomson Estates Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 456 students
203 E Thomson Dr
Elkton, MD 21921
(410)996-5080 4.4 PK-5 456
- Chesapeake City Chesapeake City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 343 students
214 Third St
Chesapeake City, MD 21915
(410)885-2085 4.5 PK-5 343
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.