Avoyelles Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 10 top public schools in Avoyelles Parish School District, serving 5,534 students.
- Public school in Avoyelles Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 49% (versus Louisiana public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 55% (versus 70% Louisiana statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Black) , which is less than the Louisiana public school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the Louisiana public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Avoyelles Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318)240-0201|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||10 Schools||1,400 Schools|
|# of Students||5,534 Students||718,899 Students|
|# of Teachers||273 Teachers||48,543 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||15:1|
- Avoyelles Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 175 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 79% has increased from 62% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||56 Students||4,870 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||31 Students||11,267 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||53 Students||45,492 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,638 Students||316,428 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,583 Students||323,939 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||704 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||172 Students||16,295 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||247||28,198|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||402||53,327|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||441||55,273|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||418||56,239|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||415||56,722|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||399||56,465|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||382||53,699|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||418||53,285|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||465||53,090|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||428||51,765|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||440||58,398|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||415||52,012|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||364||47,821|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||300||42,605|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,409 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,787. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,192 is less than the state average of $22,795. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$56 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$55 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,409||$24,787|
|Spending / Student||$9,192||$22,795|
Avoyelles Parish School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | LA School Rank)
- Moreauville Avoyelles High School 287 Main Street
Moreauville, LA 71355
Grades: 7-12 | 650 students
- Bunkie Bunkie Magnet High School 435 Evergreen Street
Bunkie, LA 71322
Grades: 7-12 | 555 students
- Cottonport Cottonport Elementary School 950 Lemoine Street
Cottonport, LA 71327
Grades: PK-6 | 474 students
- Bunkie La School For Ag Science 5303 Highway 115
Bunkie, LA 71322
Grades: 7-12 | 403 students
- Effie Lafargue Elementary School 3366 Highway 107
Effie, LA 71331
Grades: PK-6 | 713 students
- Marksville Marksville Elementary School 430 West Waddil Street
Marksville, LA 71351
Grades: PK-6 | 649 students
- Marksville Marksville High School 407 West Bon Tempt Street
Marksville, LA 71351
Grades: 7-12 | 804 students
- Plaucheville Plaucheville Elementary School Hwy 1181 - School Loop 50
Plaucheville, LA 71362
Grades: PK-6 | 598 students
- Simmesport Riverside Elementary School 549 Norwood Street
Simmesport, LA 71369
Grades: PK-6 | 301 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.