Franklin Parish School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 top public schools in Franklin Parish School District, serving 3,156 students.
- Public school in Franklin Parish School District have an average math proficiency score of 60% (versus Louisiana public school average of 63%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus 70% Louisiana statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 56% of the student body (majority Black) , which is more than the Louisiana public school average of 55% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Louisiana public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Franklin Parish School District|
|School District Phone Number||(318)435-9046|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|# of Schools||7 Schools||1,400 Schools|
|# of Students||3,156 Students||718,899 Students|
|# of Teachers||294 Teachers||48,543 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
- Franklin Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 175 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 76% has increased from 60-64% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||4,870 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||11,267 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||26 Students||45,492 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,671 Students||316,428 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,397 Students||323,939 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||704 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||53 Students||16,295 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||115||28,198|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||275||53,327|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||256||55,273|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||229||56,239|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||272||56,722|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||222||56,465|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||239||53,699|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||238||53,285|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||234||53,090|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||227||51,765|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||265||58,398|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||220||52,012|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||176||47,821|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||188||42,605|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,664 in this school district is less than the state average of $24,787. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,275 is less than the state average of $22,795. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (LA)|
|Total Revenue||$38 MM||$27 MM|
|Spending||$40 MM||$25 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,664||$24,787|
|Spending / Student||$12,275||$22,795|
Franklin Parish School District Public Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency | LA School Rank)
- Baskin Baskin School 1926 Hwy 857
Baskin, LA 71219
Grades: PK-8 | 417 students
- Crowville Crowville School 139 School Road
Crowville, LA 71230
Grades: PK-8 | 498 students
- Fort Necessity Fort Necessity School 10630 Highway 562
Fort Necessity, LA 71243
Grades: PK-8 | 324 students
- Winnsboro Franklin Parish High School 1600 Glover Drive
Winnsboro, LA 71295
Grades: 9-12 | 824 students
- Gilbert Gilbert School 174 First Street
Gilbert, LA 71336
Grades: PK-8 | 463 students
- Winnsboro Horace G. White Senior Learning Center 5915 Hwy 4
Winnsboro, LA 71295
Grades: K-12 | 62 students
- Winnsboro Winnsboro Elementary School 1310 Warren Street
Winnsboro, LA 71295
Grades: PK-5 | 568 students
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.