Lutcher Elementary School
Lutcher Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Lutcher Elementary School's student population of 123 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 38% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lutcher Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1042 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. James Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lutcher Lutcher High School Grades: 7-12 | 1004 students
1910 West Main Street
Lutcher, LA 70071
(225)258-5314 0.7 7-12 1004
- Gramercy Gramercy Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 595 students
601 E Second Street
Gramercy, LA 70052
(225)258-4804 1.0 PK-6 595
- Paulina Paulina Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 645 students
2756 Highway 44
Paulina, LA 70763
(225)258-4704 2.1 PK-6 645
- Vacherie Sixth Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 283 students
3245 Valcour Aime Street
Vacherie, LA 70090
(225)258-4642 4.2 PK-6 283
- Garyville Garyville/mt. Airy Math & Science Magnet Schl. Grades: K-8 | 325 students
240 Hwy 54
Garyville, LA 70051
(985)535-5400 4.9 K-8 325
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.