Macarthur Elementary School
Macarthur Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Macarthur Elementary School's student population of 574 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||574 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Macarthur Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#225 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||19:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mesa Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale East Valley Academy Grades: K-6 | 19 students
1858 East Brown Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480)946-3071 0.7 K-6 19
- Mesa Learning Foundation Grades: K-12 | 172 students
851 North Stapley Drive Bld 6
Mesa, AZ 85203
(480)635-1900 1.0 K-12 172
- Mesa Montessori House Charter School Grades: K-6 | 56 students
2415 N. Terrace Circle
Mesa, AZ 85203
(480)464-2800 1.0 K-6 56
- Mesa Hale Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 524 students
1425 N 23rd Street
Mesa, AZ 85213
(480)472-7400 1.1 K-6 524
- Mesa Edkey Inc. - Pathfinder Academy - Sequoia Lehi Grades: K-6 | 104 students
2345 N. Horne St.
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480)461-3200 1.2 K-6 104
The best part about MacArthur is the active neighborhood support. I have also found the faculty to be very friendly.
- Posted by Parent - salld
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.