Macfarlane Park Elementary Magnet School
Top Placements (Florida)
Macfarlane Park Elementary Magnet School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Macfarlane Park Elementary Magnet School's student population of 369 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Macfarlane Park Elementary Magnet School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Macfarlane Park Elementary Magnet School is Hillsborough School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hillsborough School District's student population of 211,933 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,407 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,791 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||211,933||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$1,886 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,963 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,407||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$9,791||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa West Tampa Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 530 students
2700 W Cherry St
Tampa, FL 33607
(813)872-5200 0.4 PK-5 530
- Tampa Dunbar Elementary Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 274 students
1730 W Union St
Tampa, FL 33607
(813)276-5677 0.9 PK-5 274
- Tampa Legacy Preparatory Academy Grades: 5-8 | 123 students
302 E. Linebaugh Ave
Tampa, FL 33612
(813)253-0053 1.0 5-8 123
- Tampa Mitchell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 669 students
205 S Bungalow Park Ave
Tampa, FL 33609
(813)872-5216 1.1 PK-5 669
- Tampa Tampa Bay Boulevard Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 743 students
3111 W Tampa Bay Blvd
Tampa, FL 33607
(813)872-5208 1.1 PK-5 743
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.