Islesboro School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Islesboro School District serving 94 students in Islesboro, Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the Maine state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Islesboro School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Islesboro Islesboro Central School159 Alumni Drive
Islesboro, ME 04848
Grades: K-12 | 94 students
|School District Name||Islesboro School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||94|
|# of Teachers||15|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6|
|# of Male Students||42|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||52|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||3|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||82|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||10|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||10|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||9|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Islesboro School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 160 school districts in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $27,238 is higher than the state average of $16,433. The school district revenue/student has declined by 12% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $98,300 is higher than the state average of $16,255. The school district spending/student has declined by 12% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$27,238||$16,433|
|Spending / Student||$98,300||$16,255|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.