RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 7 public schools in RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District, serving 2,384 students. RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Maine.
- Public schools in RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District have an average math proficiency score of 40% (versus the Maine public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 53% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 7/10, which is in the top 50% of public schools in Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maine public school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Maine public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.link75.org/|
|School District Phone Number||(207) 729-9961|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|# of Schools||7 Schools||602 Schools|
|# of Students||2,384 Students||175,788 Students|
|# of Teachers||204 Teachers||14,755 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
- RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 195 school districts in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#95 out of 230 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||1,499 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||34 Students||2,627 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||57 Students||3,940 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||17 Students||6,453 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,202 Students||156,650 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||195 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||71 Students||4,424 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||5,595|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||180||12,579|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||180||12,547|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||174||12,683|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||211||13,247|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||181||13,340|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||171||13,715|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||195||13,474|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||184||13,797|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||199||13,732|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||184||12,731|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||172||12,700|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||166||12,790|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||187||12,858|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,415 is higher than the state median of $14,842. The school district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,471 is higher than the state median of $14,515. The school district spending/student has grown by 18% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$44 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$44 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,415||$14,842|
|Revenue / Student||$18,471||$14,515|
RSU 75/MSAD 75 School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Bowdoinham Community School 23 Cemetery Road
Bowdoinham, ME 04008
Grades: K-5 | 162 students
- Williams-cone School 19 Perkins Street
Topsham, ME 04086
Grades: K-5 | 250 students
- Mt Ararat High School 73 Eagles Way
Topsham, ME 04086
Grades: 9-12 | 709 students
- Harpswell Community School 308 Harpswell Islands Road
Harpswell, ME 04079
Grades: K-5 | 157 students
- Bowdoin Central School 1460 Main Street
Bowdoin, ME 04287
Grades: K-5 | 208 students
- Woodside Elementary School 42 Barrows Drive
Topsham, ME 04086
Grades: K-5 | 320 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.