Martin Luther King- Junior High School
Martin Luther King- Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Martin Luther King- Junior High School's student population of 1,599 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 91 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,599 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||91 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Martin Luther King- Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1999 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||DeKalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lithonia Browns Mill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 596 students
4863 Browns Mill Rd
Lithonia, GA 30038
(678)676-8302 1.2 PK-5 596
- Decatur Narvie Harris Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 864 students
3981 Mcgill Dr
Decatur, GA 30034
(678)676-9202 1.7 PK-5 864
The administration works on the buddy system instead of acting professional they choice to make it personal trying to intimidate and argue not only with the students but also the parents which takes away from what's really important the kids. Respect is earned and if you are displaying conduct like that In front of a parent I can only image what's done when parents aren't around
- Posted by Parent - Concerned
MLK IS A WELL RUN SCHOOL, THE ADMINISTRATION PUTS A LOT OF EFFORT IN ENSURING THAT THE STUDENTS ARE SAFE, AND THE TEACHERS ARE GIVEN SUPPORT SERVICES WHEN NEEDED,
- Posted by Parent - DJ.RE
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.