Medfield School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Medfield School District, serving 436 students. public preschool in Medfield School District have a diversity score of 0.24, which is less than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 0.65.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the Massachusetts public preschool average of 13:1.
|School District Name||Medfield School District|
|School District Website||http://www.medfield.net|
|School District Phone Number||(508) 359-2302|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||513 Schools|
|# of Students||436 Students||195,337 Students|
|# of Teachers||26 Teachers||14,597 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 97% has decreased from 99% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#50 out of 403 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||450 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 Students||11,985 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||23 Students||51,002 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||22,147 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||380 Students||101,207 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||150 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||17 Students||8,389 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||69||29,163|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||174||31,729|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||193||28,874|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||26,381|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||23,740|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||21,827|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||18,090|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||7,618|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||3,654|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||3,708|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||182|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||132|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||127|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||111|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,720 in this school district is less than the state median of $20,340. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,745 is less than the state median of $18,839. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MA)|
|Total Revenue||$47 MM||$28 MM|
|Spending||$44 MM||$26 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,720||$20,340|
|Revenue / Student||$16,745||$18,839|
Medfield School District Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Memorial School59 Adams Street
Medfield, MA 02052
Grades: PK-1 | 436 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.