Meridian Junior High School
- Meridian Junior High School's student population of 432 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Meridian Junior High School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1389 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Meridian CUSD 223 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stillman Valley Highland Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 330 students
410 S Hickory St
Stillman Valley, IL 61084
(815)645-2291 0.3 PK-2 330
- Byron Byron High School 9-12 Grades: 9-12 | 472 students
696 N Colfax St
Byron, IL 61010
(815)234-5491 4.6 9-12 472
- Rochelle Kings Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 71 students
100 1st St
Rochelle, IL 61068
(815)562-7191 8.4 K-8 71
- Rockford Legacy Academy Of Excellence Charter Grades: K-12 | 315 students
4029 Prairie Rd
Rockford, IL 61102
(815)961-1100 8.4 K-12 315
- Lindenwood Eswood C C Grade School Grades: K-8 | 85 students
304 Main St
Lindenwood, IL 61049
(815)393-4477 8.5 K-8 85
Parents around the country are partaking in the Save Our Schools March to help maintain funding for our education system. Learn more about this movement and how you can get involved.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.