Miami Edison Senior High School
Top Placements (Florida)
Miami Edison Senior High School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 20%)
- Miami Edison Senior High School's student population of 800 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 57 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||800 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Miami Edison Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Miami Edison Senior High School is Dade School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dade School District's student population of 357,931 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,356 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||357,931||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$3,443 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$3,669 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,356||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Edison Park K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 458 students
500 Nw 67th St
Miami, FL 33150
(305)758-3658 0.3 PK-8 458
- Miami Itech@thomas A Edison Educational Center Grades: 9-12 | 196 students
6101 Nw 2nd Ave
Miami, FL 33127
(305)762-5000 0.3 9-12 196
- Miami Thena Crowder Early Childhood Diagnostic Special Education Grades: PK-K | 68 students
757 Nw 66th St
Miami, FL 33150
(305)836-0012 0.4 PK-K 68
- Miami Holmes Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 545 students
1175 Nw 67th St
Miami, FL 33150
(305)836-3421 0.7 PK-5 545
- Miami Toussaint L'ouverture Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 463 students
120 Ne 59th St
Miami, FL 33137
(305)758-2600 0.7 PK-5 463