Benzie County Central School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Benzie County Central School District serving 1,445 students in Benzonia, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Benzie County Central School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Benzonia Benzie Central Middle School9300 Homestead Rd
Benzonia, MI 49616
Grades: 7-8 | 224 students
- Benzonia Benzie Central Senior High School9300 Homestead Rd
Benzonia, MI 49616
Grades: 9-12 | 435 students
- Thompsonville Betsie Valley School17936 Cadillac Hwy
Thompsonville, MI 49683
Grades: K-5 | 141 students
- Benzonia Crystal Lake Elementary School7048 Severence St
Benzonia, MI 49616
Grades: K-5 | 159 students
- Interlochen Lake Ann Elementary School19375 Bronson Lake Rd
Interlochen, MI 49643
Grades: K-5 | 234 students
- Honor Platte River Elementary School11434 Main St
Honor, MI 49640
Grades: K-6 | 252 students
|School District Name||Benzie County Central School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,445 students|
|# of Teachers||76 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
|# of Male Students||730 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||715 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||38 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||9 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||57 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,302 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||31 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||115|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||107|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||103|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||119|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||108|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||93|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Benzie County Central School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70-74% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,591 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,403 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$17 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,591||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$11,403||$12,533|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.