Central Montcalm Public School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Central Montcalm Public School District serving 1,626 students in Sheridan, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the state average of 18:1.
Central Montcalm Public School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sheridan Central Montcalm Elementary School289 Saint Clair St
Sheridan, MI 48884
Grades: K-1 | 234 students
- Stanton Central Montcalm High School1480 South Sheridan Rd
Stanton, MI 48888
Grades: 9-12 | 504 students
- Stanton Central Montcalm Middle School1480 South Sheridan Rd
Stanton, MI 48888
Grades: 6-12 | 410 students
- Stanton Central Montcalm Upper Elementary School1488 South Sheridan Rd
Stanton, MI 48888
Grades: 2-5 | 478 students
|School District Name||Central Montcalm Public School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,626 students|
|# of Teachers||91 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||804 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||822 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||5 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||79 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||8 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,502 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||31 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||113|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||129|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||122|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Central Montcalm Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,662 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,639 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$18 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,662||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$10,639||$12,533|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.