Dexter Community School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public middle schools in Dexter Community School District, serving 617 students.
- Public middle school in Dexter Community School District have an average math proficiency score of 64% (versus the Michigan public middle school average of 34%), and reading proficiency score of 74% (versus the 46% statewide average). This district's average middle school ranking is in the top 5% of public middle schools in Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan public middle school average of 39% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Michigan public middle school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Dexter Community School District|
|School District Website||http://www.dexterschools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(734)424-4100|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,342 Schools|
|# of Students||617 Students||540,770 Students|
|# of Teachers||38 Teachers||30,006 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
- Dexter Community School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 811 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 93% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||5,665 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||7 Students||16,816 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||20 Students||43,080 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 Students||124,048 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||560 Students||331,089 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||453 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 Students||19,717 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||18,062|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||17,305|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||17,144|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||17,397|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||18,584|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||26,481|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||91,531|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||273||111,880|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||328||114,558|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||29,995|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||25,683|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||2||24,622|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||14||25,299|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2,229|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,919 is higher than the state average of $12,785. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,489 is higher than the state average of $12,796. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$46 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$51 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,919||$12,785|
|Spending / Student||$14,489||$12,796|
Dexter Community School District Public Middle Schools (2020)
Although Chicago public schools opened for the start of the 2012 - 2013 school year, a possible teacher's strike may grind the entire district to a halt just a week later. Stay abreast of the negotiations and the backup plans the district has made to keep schools open, even without teachers on campus.
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.