Melvindale-North Allen Park School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Melvindale-North Allen Park School District serving 2,918 students in Melvindale, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Melvindale-North Allen Park School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Melvindale Allendale Elementary School3201 Oakwood Blvd
Melvindale, MI 48122
Grades: 2-5 | 879 students
- Melvindale Julian O. Strong Middle School3303 Oakwood Blvd
Melvindale, MI 48122
Grades: 6-8 | 701 students
- Melvindale Melvindale High School18656 Prospect St
Melvindale, MI 48122
Grades: 9-12 | 945 students
- Allen Park Rogers Early Elementary School5000 Shenandoah Ave
Allen Park, MI 48101
Grades: K-1 | 393 students
|School District Name||Melvindale-North Allen Park School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,918 students|
|# of Teachers||139 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
|# of Male Students||1,513 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,405 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||21 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||828 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||333 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,718 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||197|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||196|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||198|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||230|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||240|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||230|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||231|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||326|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||232|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||217|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||170|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Melvindale-North Allen Park School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 88% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,900 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,893 is less than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$25 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,900||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$8,893||$12,533|
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.