Oakland Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in Oakland Schools School District, serving 259 students. Public elementary school in Oakland School School District have an average math proficiency score of 27% (versus the Michigan public elementary school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is in the top 50% of public elementary schools in Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the Michigan public elementary school average of 35% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 43:1 is more than the Michigan public elementary school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Oakland Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.oakland.k12.mi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(248) 209-2000|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|# of Schools||1 School||2,561 Schools|
|# of Students||259 Students||1,001,744 Students|
|# of Teachers||6 Teachers||57,230 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||18:1|
- Oakland Schools School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 834 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||7,587 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||55 Students||33,452 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4 Students||81,130 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||40 Students||183,498 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||153 Students||652,184 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||843 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 Students||43,148 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||17||113,244|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11||105,793|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||18||103,922|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||18||105,390|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||32||107,953|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||35||112,255|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||35||112,452|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||30||93,375|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||40||92,457|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||14||13,485|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2||13,337|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||2||12,576|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||5||13,359|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2,146|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $220,801 is higher than the state average of $12,785. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $217,905 is higher than the state average of $12,796. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$332 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$328 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$220,801||$12,785|
|Spending / Student||$217,905||$12,796|
Oakland Schools School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Virtual Learning Academy Consortium 2111 Pontiac Lake Road
Waterford, MI 48328
Grades: K-12 | 259 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.