Middle School # 4
Middle School # 4 places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Middle School # 4's student population of 819 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||819 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Middle School # 4 is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1160 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jersey City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey City James J Ferris High School Grades: 9-12 | 1196 students
35 Colgate St
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201)915-6660 0.3 9-12 1196
- Jersey City Learning Community Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 584 students
2495 John F Kennedy Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07304
(201)332-0900 0.3 PK-8 584
- Jersey City Empowerment Academy Charter School Grades: K-1 | 190 students
508 Grand Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201)630-4700 0.4 K-1 190
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.