Mildred B. Janson Elementary School
Mildred B. Janson Elementary School serves 580 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Mildred B. Janson Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 69% (which is higher than the California state average of 40%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 65% (which is higher than the California state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the California state average of 77% (majority Hispanic and Asian).
Mildred B. Janson Elementary School's student population of 580 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mildred B. Janson Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,659 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Mildred B. Janson Elementary School is 0.54, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#1413 out of 9659 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, CA Dept. of Education
Review Mildred B. Janson Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.
Denver Public Schools Buck Trend, Plug School-to-Prison Pipeline
In a district where progressive discipline policies are already the norm, Denver Public Schools seek to limit student exposure to the criminal justice system, rather than criminalize student behavior.