Grand Rapids Public School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public high schools in Grand Rapids Public School District, serving 1,336 students.
- Public high school in Grand Rapids Public School District have an average math proficiency score of 36% (versus the Minnesota public high school average of 50%), and reading proficiency score of 65% (versus the 58% statewide average). This district's average high school ranking is in the top 50% of public high schools in Minnesota.
- public high school in Grand Rapids Public School District have a Graduation Rate of 88%, which is more than the Minnesota average of 83%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Grand Rapids Senior High School, with 95% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Minnesota or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Minnesota public high school average of 31% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the Minnesota public high school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Grand Rapids Public School District|
|School District Website||http://www.isd318.org|
|School District Phone Number||(218)327-5704|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|# of Schools||4 Schools||1,130 Schools|
|# of Students||1,336 Students||311,281 Students|
|# of Teachers||85 Teachers||19,187 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
- Grand Rapids Public School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 413 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 75% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||79 Students||6,139 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||7 Students||20,083 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||22 Students||26,202 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||23 Students||32,367 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,109 Students||215,778 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 Students||224 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||94 Students||10,488 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||523|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||421|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||446|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||535|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||612|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||695|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,255|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3||5,015|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27||14,917|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||40||16,188|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||306||67,065|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||303||66,025|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||316||66,707|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||341||70,877|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $11,482 is higher than the state average of $11,468. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,848 is less than the state average of $11,559. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MN)|
|Total Revenue||$46 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$43 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$11,482||$11,468|
|Spending / Student||$10,848||$11,559|
Grand Rapids Public School District Public High Schools (2020)
School (Math/Reading Proficiency)
- Bigfork Secondary 100 Huskie Blvd
Bigfork, MN 56628
Grades: 7-12 | 128 students
- Grand Rapids Area Learning Center 409 Se 13th St
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Grades: 8-12 | 96 students
- Grand Rapids Senior High School 800 Conifer Dr Nw
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Grades: 9-12 | 1068 students
- Itaskin Education Center 1880 River Rd
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Grades: K-12 | 44 students
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.