Monocacy Elementary School
Monocacy Elementary School serves 146 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Monocacy Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Maryland for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 55-59% (which is higher than the Maryland state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the Maryland state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Maryland state average of 63% (majority Black).
Monocacy Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
Monocacy Elementary School's student population of 146 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Monocacy Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,354 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Monocacy Elementary School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MD)
Overall Testing Rank
#256 out of 1354 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MD Dept. of Education
Review Monocacy Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.