- Morehead Montessori's student population of 262 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Morehead Montessori's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#318 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Durham Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham Kestrel Heights School Grades: K-8 | 1008 students
4700 S Alston Ave
Durham, NC 27713
(919)484-1300 0.7 K-8 1008
- Durham C C Spaulding Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 285 students
1531 S Roxboro Road
Durham, NC 27707
(919)560-3974 0.9 PK-5 285
- Durham Lakewood Montessori Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 295 students
2119 Chapel Hill Rd
Durham, NC 27707
(919)560-2894 0.9 6-8 295
- Durham Durham School Of The Arts Grades: 6-12 | 1711 students
401 North Duke Street
Durham, NC 27701
(919)560-3926 1.0 6-12 1711
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.