Mt Blue High School
Mt Blue High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Mt Blue High School's student population of 655 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||655 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mt Blue High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#373 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 09 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Farmington Foster Regional Applied Technical Center
129 Seamon Rd
Farmington, ME 04938
(207)778-3562 0.1 n/a n/a
- Farmington Cascade Brook School Grades: 3-5 | 321 students
162 Learning Ln
Farmington, ME 04938
(207)778-4821 2.5 3-5 321
- New Sharon Cape Cod Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 159 students
516 Cape Cod Hill Rd
New Sharon, ME 04955
(207)778-3031 4.9 PK-5 159
- Wilton Academy Hill School Grades: 2-5 | 188 students
585 Depot St
Wilton, ME 04294
(207)645-3844 5.7 2-5 188
A gaint failure of a school. A complete disaster in everything it tries to accomplish. Most of the teachers act out in very unprofesional ways, including bouts of anger and extreme behaivor that is unacceptable. Very poor school that needs a lot of adjusting to become something more postive.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Dmac.
Beautiful campus. I have a son that has not always adjusted well with large groups and has done very well so far. He is a junior and I am very happy with his progress. Teachers have been very helpful.
- Posted by Parent - pk_in
Mount Blue High School is a cesspool of negativity. The dropout rate at Mount Blue is disgustingly high and this school is NOT credited. Getting your GED is BETTER than getting a diploma and MBHS. I don't know a happy student up there. Dont' consider this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pinkk
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.