Murphy Performance Academy
Murphy Performance Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Murphy Performance Academy's student population of 234 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Murphy Performance Academy's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#3035 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Michigan Educational Choice Center School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Murphy Performance Academy is Jane Addams Elementary School (1.6 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary School (1.5 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Detroit Leadership Academy Elementary School (1.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Detroit Leadership Academy Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 300 students
Detroit, MI 48223
(313)242-1500 1.1 K-5 300
- Redford American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-7 | 261 students
Redford, MI 48240
(313)533-0000 1.5 3-7 261
- Redford Hilbert Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 582 students
Redford, MI 48239
(313)242-4000 1.6 6-8 582
- Redford Jane Addams Elementary School Grades: K-12 | 327 students
Redford, MI 48239
(313)532-8064 1.6 K-12 327
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.