Nathan Hale Elementary School
Nathan Hale Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Nathan Hale Elementary School's student population of 500 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||500 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Nathan Hale Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1296 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carteret Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Reading Reaching Individual Student Excellence Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
77 Turner Street
Port Reading, NJ 07064
(732)602-2525 1.3 9-12 20
- Port Reading Port Reading School Grades: PK-5 | 422 students
Port Reading, NJ 07064
(732)602-8409 1.5 PK-5 422
- Staten Island P.S. 26 Carteret School Grades: PK-5 | 243 students
4108 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10314
(718)698-1530 1.7 PK-5 243
- Sewaren Matthew Jago Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 428 students
99 Central Avenue
Sewaren, NJ 07077
(732)602-8428 2.6 PK-5 428
- Staten Island P.S. 4 Maurice Wollin Grades: PK-5 | 758 students
200 Nedra Lane
Staten Island, NY 10312
(718)984-1197 2.6 PK-5 758
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.