Southwest Leadership Academy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Southwest Leadership Academy School District serving 317 students in Minden, Nevada.
- Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Nevada state average of 67%.
Southwest Leadership Academy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Minden Southwest Leadership Academy 4301 West Fillmore Street
Minden, NV 89423
Grades: 9-12 | 317 students
|School District Name||Southwest Leadership Academy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||317 students|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a|
|# of Male Students||185 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||132 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||264 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||28 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||16 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||158|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- The school district's graduation rate of 10-14% has decreased from 6-9% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,505 in this school district is less than the state average of $25,427. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $5,773 is less than the state average of $25,396. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NV)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$35 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$35 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,505||$25,427|
|Spending / Student||$5,773||$25,396|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.