Branchburg Township School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Branchburg Township School District serving 1,469 students in Somerville, New Jersey.
- Minority enrollment is 23% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the New Jersey state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Branchburg Township School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Somerville Branchburg Central Middle School220 Baird Road
Somerville, NJ 08876
Grades: 6-8 | 524 students
- Somerville Stony Brook School136 Cedar Grove Rd
Somerville, NJ 08876
Grades: 4-5 | 327 students
- Neshanic Station Whiton Elementary School470 Whiton Road
Neshanic Station, NJ 08853
Grades: PK-3 | 618 students
|School District Name||Branchburg Township School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,469 students|
|# of Teachers||155 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
|# of Male Students||711 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||758 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||148 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||98 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||47 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,134 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||38 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||114|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||158|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||174|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||149|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||173|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||174|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||23|
- Branchburg Township School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 656 school districts in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $27,519 is higher than the state average of $25,360. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $26,615 is higher than the state average of $25,821. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (NJ)|
|Total Revenue||$47 MM||$19 MM|
|Spending||$45 MM||$19 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$27,519||$25,360|
|Spending / Student||$26,615||$25,821|
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.