North Shore Elementary School
North Shore Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- North Shore Elementary School's student population of 699 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||699 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Shore Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Duval School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Andrew Jackson High School Grades: 9-12 | 708 students
3816 N Main St
Jacksonville, FL 32206
(904)630-6950 0.9 9-12 708
- Jacksonville Brentwood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 335 students
3750 Springfield Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32206
(904)630-6630 0.9 PK-5 335
- Jacksonville School For Accelerated Learning And Technologies Inc Grades: 9-12 | 129 students
4811 Payne Stewart Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32209
(904)328-5003 1.2 9-12 129
- Jacksonville Lake Forest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 426 students
901 Kennard St
Jacksonville, FL 32208
(904)924-3024 1.4 PK-5 426
How does socioeconomic status affect students and are boys more sensitive to disadvantage than girls?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.