Northeast Elementary School serves 331 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Northeast Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in New Jersey for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 40-44% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 26%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 47%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the New Jersey state level of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the New Jersey state average of 60% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 331 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 46%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in NJ
- Math Proficiency: 40-44% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
Northeast Elementary School's student population of 331 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
The teacher population of 34 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Northeast Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,183 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Northeast Elementary School is 0.65, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (NJ)
Overall Testing Rank
#594 out of 2183 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NJ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Northeast Elementary School's ranking?
Northeast Elementary School is ranked #594 out of 2,183 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in New Jersey.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 26% NJ state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 47% NJ state average).
How many students attend Northeast Elementary School?
331 students attend Northeast Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
54% of Northeast Elementary School students are White, 17% of students are Hispanic, 14% of students are Black, 11% of students are Two or more races, and 4% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Northeast Elementary School?
Northeast Elementary School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the New Jersey state average of 11:1.
What grades does Northeast Elementary School offer ?
Northeast Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Northeast Elementary School part of?
Northeast Elementary School is part of Montclair Public School District.
Review Northeast Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.