Northern Elementary School
- Northern Elementary School's student population of 546 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||546 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northern Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,246 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1099 out of 1246 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fayette County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lexington Deep Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 540 students
1919 Brynell Drive
Lexington, KY 40505
(859) 381-3069 0.9 PK-5 540
- Lexington Yates Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 469 students
695 E New Circle Rd
Lexington, KY 40505
(859) 381-3613 1.0 PK-5 469
- Lexington Steam Academy Grades: 9-12 | 327 students
123 East 6 Street
Lexington, KY 40508
(859) 381-3033 1.1 9-12 327
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.