Northwood Middle School
- Northwood Middle School's student population of 917 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has grown by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||917 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northwood Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,039 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#495 out of 2039 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mead School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spokane Farwell Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 604 students
13005 N Crestline
Spokane, WA 99208
(509) 465-6500 0.3 K-6 604
- Mead Mead Open Doors Grades: 11-12 | 11 students
2323 E Farwell Rd
Mead, WA 99021
(509) 340-7800 0.4 11-12 11
- Mead Mead Preschool Grades: PK | 86 students
2323 E Farwell Road
Mead, WA 99021
(509) 465-7650 0.7 PK 86
- Spokane Brentwood Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 575 students
406 W Regina Ave
Spokane, WA 99218
(509) 465-6200 1.8 K-6 575
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.