O'bryant School Math/science
O'bryant School Math/science places among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- O'bryant School Math/science's student population of 1,428 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2010)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||1,428 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- O'bryant School Math/science is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,671 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#28 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boston School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roxbury Crossing Madison Park High School Grades: 9-12 | 903 students
75 Malcolm X Blvd
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
(617)635-8970 0.1 9-12 903
- Roxbury Nathan Hale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 169 students
51 Cedar Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
(617)635-8205 0.4 PK-5 169
- Roxbury City On A Hill Charter Public School Circuit Street Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
58 Circuit Street
Roxbury, MA 02119
(617)445-1515 0.5 9-12 284
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.