- Oakvale School's student population of 140 students has grown by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oakvale School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mercer County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Princeton Melrose Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 296 students
2121 Athens Road
Princeton, WV 24739
(304)425-3757 1.2 K-5 296
- Athens Athens Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 290 students
205 South State Street
Athens, WV 24712
(304)384-9229 6.4 PK-5 290
- Princeton Pikeview Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 526 students
3550 Eads Mill Road
Princeton, WV 24739
(304)348-6610 6.7 6-8 526
- Princeton Straley Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 180 students
810 Straley Avenue
Princeton, WV 24740
(304)425-3173 7.5 3-5 180
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.