Oakview Elementary School
Oakview Elementary School serves 1,002 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Oakview Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in South Carolina for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 81% (which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80% (which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 48%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the South Carolina state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 49% (majority Black).
Oakview Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Carolina for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Oakview Elementary School's student population of 1,002 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Oakview Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,149 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Oakview Elementary School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (SC)
Overall Testing Rank
#37 out of 1149 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SC Dept. of Education
Lack of follow up and involvement by adminstrative staff. As long as the test scores and grades are good, the adminstration will not address issues in the classroom, regardless of stated policies concerning 'bullying'. Complaints against one of the teachers, resulted in retaliation against the student. Despite requests to move our child to another class, the requests were denied since our child was making very good grades. This further supports the reputation that Oakview's primary focus is on test scores and grades, and student safety/well-being is a distant second.
Review Oakview Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.