Euclid City School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 7 public schools managed by Euclid City School District serving 5,353 students in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Euclid City School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cleveland Arbor Elementary School20400 Arbor Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44119
Grades: K-5 | 566 students
- Euclid Bluestone Elementary School1455 E 260th St
Euclid, OH 44132
Grades: K-6 | 615 students
- Euclid Chardon Hills Elementary School1455 E 260th St
Euclid, OH 44132
Grades: K-5 | 516 students
- Euclid Euclid Central Middle School20701 Euclid Ave
Euclid, OH 44117
Grades: 6-9 | 746 students
- Euclid Euclid High School711 E 222nd St
Euclid, OH 44123
Grades: 8-12 | 2105 students
- Euclid Shoreview Elementary School490 E 260th St
Euclid, OH 44132
Grades: K-5 | 544 students
|School District Name||Euclid City School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||5,353 students|
|# of Teachers||341 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||2,692 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,661 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||13 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||64 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4,578 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||469 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||225 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||261|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||327|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||356|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||342|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||406|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||406|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||400|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||360|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||384|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||364|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||427|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||456|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||432|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||432|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Euclid City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 65% has decreased from 69% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,870 is higher than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,111 is higher than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$87 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$82 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,870||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$15,111||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.