Jackson Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Jackson Local School District serving 6,028 students in Massillon, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
Jackson Local School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Massillon Amherst Elementary School8750 Jane St Nw
Massillon, OH 44646
Grades: K-5 | 554 students
- Canton Lake Cable Elementary School5335 Villa Padova Dr Nw
Canton, OH 44718
Grades: K-5 | 575 students
- Massillon Sauder Elementary School7503 Mudbrook Rd Nw
Massillon, OH 44646
Grades: K-5 | 718 students
|School District Name||Jackson Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||6,028 students|
|# of Teachers||260 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
|# of Male Students||2,901 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||3,127 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||255 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||109 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||119 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||5,293 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||248 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||408|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||416|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||420|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||458|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||476|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||436|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||465|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||500|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||449|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||477|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||522|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||521|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||480|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Jackson Local School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 98% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,572 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,636 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$62 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$56 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,572||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$9,636||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.