Mohawk Local School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Mohawk Local School District serving 942 students in Sycamore, Ohio.
- Minority enrollment is 2% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Ohio state average of 29%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the state average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Mohawk Local School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||942 students|
|# of Teachers||48 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||517 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||425 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||7 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||923 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||26|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||49|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||74|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||78|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||68|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||68|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Mohawk Local School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 842 school districts in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 90% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (OH)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,967 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,447. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,988 is less than the state average of $11,715. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (OH)|
|Total Revenue||$11 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,967||$12,447|
|Spending / Student||$9,988||$11,715|
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.