Oliver Hoover Elementary School
- Oliver Hoover Elementary School's student population of 753 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||753 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oliver Hoover Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#411 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Claude Pepper Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 602 students
14550 Sw 96th St
Miami, FL 33186
(305)386-5244 0.5 PK-5 602
- Miami Hammocks Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 936 students
9889 Hammocks Blvd
Miami, FL 33196
(305)385-0896 0.6 6-8 936
- Miami Pinecrest Academy (south Campus) Grades: K-5 | 750 students
15130 Sw 80th St
Miami, FL 33193
(305)386-0800 0.7 K-5 750
- Miami Dante B. Fascell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
15625 Sw 80th St
Miami, FL 33193
(305)380-1901 0.9 PK-5 519
in the last weekWe are very privileged to have our son begin his very first years of education at this school. His teacher Ms. Garcia, is an exceptional person who is kind, compassionate, patient and very knowledgeable in elementary instruction. As parents, we feel very confident our child will be exposed to not only an outstanding education, but he will also receive the benefits of growing up in a caring environment. Thank you for all of the "shooting stars!" We love this concept! It keeps our son motivated and doing very, very well!
- Posted by Parent - Dani Miranda
Worst school that I know, the school system of the county is horrible. Not recommended .
- Posted by Parent - Sandra
Excellent administration, faculty and staff! Great variety of activites, parental support, and wonderful group of students!
- Posted by Parent - tazfi
This is an excellent elementary and there is also a PLC for Kinder and 1st grade that is also excellent. Administration and teachers are the best I could have ever hoped for (Mrs Laden, you are the best). My sons are happy and did well on FCAT and SATs.
- Posted by Parent - eagle
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.