Orchards Elementary School
Orchards Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Orchards Elementary School's student population of 545 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Orchards Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1828 out of 2,014 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Evergreen (Clark) School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vancouver Silver Star Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 477 students
10500 Ne 86th Street
Vancouver, WA 98662
(360)604-6775 0.9 K-5 477
- Vancouver Image Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 706 students
4400 Ne 122nd Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98682
(360)604-6850 1.4 PK-5 706
- Vancouver Sifton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 481 students
7301 Ne 137th Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98682
(360)604-6675 1.4 K-5 481
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.