Parker-varney School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Parker-varney School's student population of 583 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||583 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Parker-varney School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||#452 out of 457 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Manchester School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manchester Manchester West High School Grades: 9-12 | 860 students
9 Notre Dame Ave.
Manchester, NH 03102
(603)624-6384 0.9 9-12 860
- Manchester Gossler Park School Grades: K-5 | 449 students
145 Parkside Ave
Manchester, NH 03102
(603)624-6327 1.0 K-5 449
- Manchester Bakersville School Grades: PK-5 | 392 students
20 Elm St.
Manchester, NH 03101
(603)624-6312 1.1 PK-5 392
- Bedford Memorial School Grades: PK-4 | 433 students
55 Old Bedford Rd.
Bedford, NH 03110
(603)627-1776 1.2 PK-4 433
Parker Varney discriminates on children & families of color. When issues pccur between students, they are constantly blaming the color child. They do not write up their white students nor do they suspend them. They pick & choose favoritism. For example, little white boy has ADHD gets to flip out at school & destroy property, yet nothing happened to him. Now an African American boy whom also has ADHD was dealing with the same issues, he was immediately suspended. Not realizing that it is against the law to suspend a child with a disability and an IEP. The school staff take advantage of their positions. The Secretary forges check marks on the students release of information& illegally obtains any information she pleases & yet the Manchester School District allows it. The staff repeatedly files false allegations through CPS on mixrd families & they also pull aside mixed children just to question them. Constantly making up stories about other families. This school system is so corrupted!!
- Posted by Parent - jmazz
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.