Peaks Island School
- Peaks Island School's student population of 38 students has declined by 26% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-5|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Peaks Island School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#68 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Portland Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cliff Island Cliff Island School Grades: 2-5 | 5 students
120 Church Rd
Cliff Island, ME 04019
(207)766-2885 0.0 2-5 5
- South Portland Dora L Small Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 307 students
87 Thompson Street
South Portland, ME 04106
(207)799-7676 2.3 K-5 307
- Long Island Long Island Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 14 students
33 Fern Ave
Long Island, ME 04050
(207)766-4414 2.4 K-5 14
- Portland East End Community School Grades: PK-5 | 400 students
195 North St
Portland, ME 04101
(207)874-8228 3.0 PK-5 400
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.